Access Restrictions on Gold 824 and Platinum 850/1050
Access Restrictions allow you to control what changes someone in your home can make from the thermostat itself. When a restriction is set, the screen will lock after 1 minute of inactivity. There are different levels of restriction to best suit your needs.
To Enable Access Restrictions
- Tap Menu On your American Standard® Gold 824, Platinum 850, or Platinum 1050 thermostat.
- Press Settings.
- Select Screen.
- Choose Access Restrictions.
- Select your desired level of restriction and press Apply to save changes.
- None: there are no restrictions set and anyone can make adjustments at the thermostat, including but not limited to Setpoints, Settings, and Schedules.
- Low: Menu access is disabled, System Options are disabled, and Schedules cannot be adjusted or overridden. Users can change the System Mode (Auto/Heating/Cooling/Off), the Fan Mode (Auto/On/Circulate), and the Setpoints.
- Medium: All of the same restrictions as Low, but users can only adjust the setpoints a maximum of +/- 2 to 5 degrees. To the left of the Apply button, you will see a button that reports the setpoint limit. Tap this to change the limit and repeat until you have reached the desired setting.
- High: Access to all settings is disabled. Users can see the current Indoor Temperature, System Mode, Date/Time, and Network Status, but they cannot make any changes.
To Temporarily Bypass Access Restrictions
If you need to change the Access Restrictions or temporarily bypass them to make system changes, simply hold the Menu button on the thermostat for 5 seconds and the Menu will appear. Access Restrictions will re-enable after 1 minute of inactivity unless you have changed the restrictions to None.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact American Standard Home Customer Support via email at email@example.com or call 1-877-374-0697, Monday-Friday 9 AM – 8 PM ET, and Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM ET.