Energy Savings Mode on Gold 824B Wireless Smart Thermostat
When your Gold 824B thermostat is connected to your American Standard® Home account, you may adjust the Energy Savings service to High, Medium, Low, or Off within the American Standard Home mobile app.
The Energy Savings service makes slight temperature adjustments automatically to reduce the time the air conditioner and heater operate; fewer hours running these systems can result in lower HVAC-related energy costs.
Our patented software analyzes information from the Gold 824B to understand how your system performs. As the service makes small temperature adjustments every day, it learns from your response to save you money. If you would like to change the temperature, the service adapts every time a thermostat setting is changed and incorporates your adjustments to fine-tune the service while ensuring your comfort.
- Off – No energy savings:
- Energy Savings is disabled.
- The system does not make any automatic adjustments or learn from your usage.
- Low – Minimum energy savings:
- Makes the smallest temperature adjustments – maximum of 3° during the middle of the day and lower at other times.
- Increases efficiency gently and is highly responsive to your usage, all to maximize your comfort while still saving energy.
- Medium – Moderate energy savings:
- Makes moderate temperature adjustments – maximum of 4° during the middle of the day and lower at other times.
- A balanced approach to energy savings, this is the happy medium between the comfort of Low mode and the efficiency of High mode.
- High – Maximum energy savings:
- Makes the largest temperature adjustments – maximum of 6° during the middle of the day and lower at other times.
- Increases efficiency quickly to maximize your energy savings, but still responds to your feedback to allow you to customize your comfort.
To Turn on Energy Savings Mode
Tap the menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
Select App Settings.
Select Home Settings.
Tap Energy Savings.
Select a new Energy Savings mode from the pop-up window.
Tap Save to save changes.
When Energy Savings is turned on, you will see a green leaf and the Energy Savings text on the mobile app. This may take about a minute to update.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact American Standard Home Customer Support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-374-0697, Monday-Friday 9 AM – 8 PM ET, and Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM ET.