Wireless Thermostat Will Not Connect to WiFi - Red X Over Green Bars
If your thermostat will not connect to WiFi and shows a red X over the green bars, please follow the instructions below.
- Check to ensure the thermostat is on a secure WiFi network, meaning that it requires a password or security key to connect. If it is on a secure network, proceed to step 2. If not, please reconnect to a secure network and see if the issue has been resolved.
- Press Menu→Settings→Network→Connect to WiFi Network on your thermostat. Select the desired network and enter the password. Please note that passwords are case sensitive, and the thermostat will not connect if you enter the wrong password.
1. 2. 3. 4.
- If the thermostat fails to connect, verify that you are using the correct password. To verify your password, forget the network on your mobile device and reconnect using the password.
- If your mobile device does not reconnect to the network, please contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance with resetting the password.
- If your mobile device reconnects to the WiFi network, please reboot the thermostat by pressing Menu→Settings→Reboot. MAKE SURE YOUR HVAC SYSTEM IS IDLE BEFORE REBOOTING! Attempt to connect to WiFi again once the thermostat is back to its normal screen.
1. 2. 3.
- If the thermostat still fails to connect to WiFi and you have a hotspot feature on your mobile device, you can enable the hotspot and connect the thermostat to this network. NOTE: If you cannot use a mobile hotspot on your mobile device, please disregard this step and contact American Standard® Home Customer Support.
- If the thermostat connects successfully via hotspot, there is an issue within your network and you will need to speak with your Internet Service Provider to verify that all American Standard and Thermostat ports are open, DHCP is enabled, and MAC filtering is disabled.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact American Standard Home Customer Support via email at email@example.com or call 1-877-374-0697, Monday-Friday 9 AM – 8 PM ET, and Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM ET.