Removing an XL824/850/1050 from your Account
You may need to remove a thermostat from your American Standard Home account if it is replaced, you cancel your account, or have sold the property. In order for the next homeowner to register the thermostat to their American Standard Home account, it must be removed from any previous account.
If you need to remove a thermostat from your American Standard Home account, please follow the process below to remove the device from the web portal and mobile app. When completed, the device can be added to a new account if desired.
- Log into the American Standard Home web portal.
- If you have multiple homes, select the home that contains the thermostat you want to remove.
- Select Climate from the blue menu on the left side of the screen.
- Locate the thermostat you want to remove and select Menu in its control pane.
- Select Remove.
- Press Remove to confirm that you want to remove the thermostat from your account.
- Once the portal returns to the Climate screen, the thermostat is unregistered and ready to be added to another account, if desired.
NOTE: If the thermostat is currently disconnected from American Standard Home, you can also disassociate the thermostat from American Standard Home at the thermostat itself.
- On the thermostat that you want to remove from your account, press Menu.
- Select Nexia (or Smart Home).
- Tap Advanced.
- Choose Unregister.
- Press Yes to confirm that you want to continue.
- Once the thermostat returns to the Menu screen, it is unregistered and ready to be added to another account, if desired.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact American Standard Home Customer Support via email at email@example.com or call 1-877-374-0697, Monday-Friday 9 AM – 8 PM ET, and Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM ET.