Using Your Camera on a Wireless Network and Wireless Network Settings
Your American Standard® Home system will only work with Nexia® cameras. Cameras must initially be connected to the network via ethernet, but can then be configured for wireless after the initial setup is complete and it is registered in your system. To do this, you must be at the home where the router and camera(s) are installed.
You will need:
the American Standard Home web portal
the AC adapter (power cable) that came with your camera
an ethernet cable
if included with your camera, the micro USB-to-ethernet adapter.
To Connect Your Camera to Your Wireless Network
- Connect your camera directly to your main internet router with an ethernet cable.
- NOTE: If your camera does not have an ethernet port, you will need the micro USB-to-ethernet adapter that came with your camera to do this.
- NOTE: If your network is not on the list, click Network not Listed to manually enter the SSID (network name) and the security type.
Wireless Network Settings
If you experience a continuously flashing green light on the camera when trying to add it to the network, it is likely caused by settings on the router. Please verify the following on your router:
- Your firewall security level should be set to Medium or Low.
- DHCP must be enabled.
- MAC Filtering must be disabled.
- TCP ports 80, 443, 8103, 8107, 8859, 8869, and 41111 must be open on both ends.
If you need assistance with settings on your router, please contact your Internet Service Provider or router manufacturer.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact American Standard Home Customer Support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-374-0697, Monday-Friday 9 AM – 8 PM ET, and Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM ET.